Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oma's Pages #10, September 3, 2011

Look closely at this picture. It shows the plane driving across the road


Oma’s Pages #10
We were supposed to have training at the MTC until Thursday night. On Monday some of the plans got changed because the flight schedules of most of the missionaries in our group were changed. Their flights were moved to Thursday and Friday. The leaders hurried and gave us all our information on Tuesday and Wednesday morning and let us go home.
Opa and I were so happy about this because we had so much to do before we left. Mary came over to the house and did my hair. As a matter of fact there were a lot of you who came over that night. Everybody had last minute things they needed to talk to us about. 
I never went to bed. When Matthew came to pick us up to take us to the airport. I was not even packed yet. I told Elizabeth that I was sorry but she would have to put all the stuff away that was left out from us packing. It is very difficult to pack when the whole family is there.
At last we were on our plane and flying to the Netherlands. All of the miracles came to pass just like Opa believed they would. All of Opa’s prayers were answered. All of my prayers were answered too. I felt like I was in a dream. Maybe it was because I was so tired.... I think I did dream most of the way flying over the ocean. 
At last we landed in the Netherlands. The airplane landed on a runway that drives on an overpass right over the freeway. 





2 comments:

  1. Love the blog posts!! I look at them first during the day while the kids are school and then have them look at them later! Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know somebody looks at it. I hope the boys remember those days. I try to put pictures that will be interesting to the kids.

    ReplyDelete