Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Oma's Pages #42


Oma’s Pages #42
To celebrate finally getting everything in order with all of our living things Opa bought me tulips. These were my first tulips in this new apartment, however, over the months since we have been living here we have fresh flowers on our table about 75% of the time. 


Flowers here are so much less expensive than they are at home. I can buy a bunch of hyacinths or tulips for 3.99 euros when they are in season. I can buy roses and other flowers for between 4.99 and 6.99. This year I bought 50 tulips for 4.99 euros.







It is so much fun to walk through the flower markets and see all the flowers. Sometimes it is too hard to choose which ones to take home this time.





3 comments:

  1. I love all the beautiful fresh flowers. I think I can count on one hand how many times I have had fresh flowers from Rob in fifteen years of marriage, maybe if we lived in Holland he would buy them for me more often :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even think about spending money on flowers at home, but here they are cheaper than a big mac

      Delete